London is known as one of the greenest and most resilient cities in Canada.
We build participation, collaboration, and capacity in our community to co-create positive environmental change.
- Collaboration: We engage with our communities to connect, collaborate, and work together.
- Bold & Urgent: We are ready to be bold and act swiftly to confront the environmental issues facing London.
- Culture: We inspire ourselves and others and maintain a supportive and positive environment for growth.
- Sustainability: As stewards of the natural world, it is our duty to ensure the planet lives on for future generations.
- Leadership: We inspire innovation and lead the community to act in unison to co-create change.
- Integrity: We make our decisions based on what best serves people and the planet and behave openly, honestly, ethically and authentically in all our activities and relationships.
- Green Economy London - we support businesses and organizations in setting and achieving sustainability targets. Businesses are encouraged to track their emissions, waste or water usage, figure out a sustainability action plan and start making reductions!
- Environmental Incubator - six projects will be accepted a year into our environmental incubator program where they’ll receive $1,000 each and the support and coaching needed to execute on their idea.
- Greener Homes London - we are developing a program to help Londoners reduce their household emissions. In the meantime, browse our resources and sign up for a home check-up here!
- Depave Paradise - as a member of Green Communities Canada, we recently launched a Depave Paradise program to secure underutilized, paved sites of 100m2 or more, and rip out the asphalt and replace it with native, storm water retentive plants and pollination gardens.
- Green in the City - we co-organize an annual event series with the City of London and London Public Library that explores sustainability topics through a local lens and shares how residents can get involved to make London a greener city.
- Network Supports - we offer our environmental member organizations a suite of supports including; shared resources, networking events, workshops, conferences, promotional support and connection to resources.
Green Economy London 2019 Impact Report
We are Living Wage Certified!
The London Environmental Network is proud to be a Living Wage Employer and part of the Ontario Living Wage Network. This means that our employees are given the hourly wage a London worker needs to earn to cover their basic expenses and participate in their community. Providing a living wage is part of creating a just and resilient future here in London because financial and economic stability are both key pillars of sustainability.