Are you looking to serve on the Board of a rapidly growing non-profit organization that supports our community? We have just the opportunity for you to get your hands dirty! Urban Roots London is currently recruiting two committed community members to serve on an inclusive and supportive Board as we continue our transition from a working board towards a policy-governance board.
Urban Roots London believes that the roots of our community and the roots of our food grow best when they grow together. We have been able to do this by revitalizing underused land in the City of London for agriculture to produce high-quality organic vegetables, herbs and fruit, and by:
- Distributing produce locally, directly to consumers and to private and social enterprises
- Developing employment, social, and educational opportunities for the neighbourhood, schools, and community organizations within the City of London
- Growing a self-sustaining, urban agricultural model to germinate to new sites. We welcome you to visit www.urbanrootslondon.ca for more information about what we do and how we do it.
Candidates with prior Board experience are preferred, but not required. If you are an energetic professional with an interest in Urban Roots London’s mission, and have experience, knowledge or skills in the following areas, we strongly encourage you to apply:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with diverse groups
- Detail-oriented and focused on achieving team goals
- Experience in education, working with preschool and/or school aged children and youth
- Community engagement and relationship development experience
- Experience with creating educational content; videography skills an asset
- Development of policies and procedures for non-profit organizations (preferred)
How to apply
Please email your reasons of interest in this opportunity and your resume in ONE pdf or Word document to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the positions are filled.