October 02, 2021 at 1:00pm 2 hrs
Hyde Park Rotary Link 1150 Gainsborough Rd, London, ON N6H 5K8, Canada
Here are some tips to help you have a great volunteer experience:
- Be prompt – we’ll teach you how to plant trees at the beginning of the event.
- Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals or flip-flops please.
- Wear clothing appropriate to the weather – we plant rain or shine! Don’t forget sunscreen.
- Bring water – we’ll have a jug to refill your reusable bottle.
- Bring a shovel if you have one, but we have many to lend you if you don’t.
- High school students can earn volunteer hours at our events. Don’t forget your forms!
- Consider walking, cycling, carpooling, or taking the bus to our events.
- Some of our locations are tricky to find – Please look at our maps and watch for posted white signs directing you to the planting locations.
- We do cancel plantings due to inclement weather – so please check our website or Facebook page on the day-of if you are unsure.
COVID-19 Protocols: We are taking the following steps to ensure the safety of our staff and community:
- Registration required for all volunteers, to keep numbers low and to ensure contact tracing ability
- Masks required (except when working independently more than 10 metres away from other volunteers / staff)
- COVID-19 screening questions asked upon arrival
- Equipment (such as: shovels and buckets) are cleaned with sanitizing spray before use and between events
- Gloves are provided to planting volunteers and will be washed after each use
- Physical distancing will be required except when working with members of your own household