We are returning to Carroll Park to perform some collar checks, pull weeds, add fresh mulch and more. It has been a few years since our planting event (2017), and we are looking forward to continuing our check up on the site!
No experience or training is required to attend an aftercare event. We’ll teach you everything you need to know at the beginning of the event.
- Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals or flip-flops please.
- Wear clothing appropriate to the weather – we care for the trees rain or shine! Long pants are recommended! Don’t forget sunscreen.
- Bring water – we will not be providing water this year due to COVID-19 concerns.
- Volunteer hours – Secondary students can earn volunteer hours at our events. Don’t forget your forms!
- Some of our locations are tricky to find. Please look at our maps and watch for posted white signs directing you to the planting locations.
- Cancellations – We do cancel aftercare due to inclement weather (eg. heat or thunderstorm warnings), so please check day-of on Facebook and our website if you are unsure.
As a measure to ensure we keep our community healthy amongst the COVID-19 pandemic, we are asking volunteers to pre-register. This will help us maintain group sizes at any given event.
We are asking volunteers to arrive with their own water, snacks, gloves, sunscreen, and bug spray. Masks are not mandatory, but you are encouraged to bring one and welcome to wear it if you’d like. We will be maintaining proper physical distance.