About this Event
The Ontario Urban Forest Council (OUFC) is a not-for-profit volunteer organization dedicated to the health of the urban forests in the province of Ontario.
Our membership is varied & includes arborists, foresters, landscape architects, nurserymen, planners, municipalities, restoration specialists, environmentalists, conservation authorities, green advocates and many other individuals from the public interested and concerned about trees.
This year OUFC’s annual conference is going virtual with the theme “Cultivating and Protecting Our Green Legacy” which aims to address how urban forest conservation is championed through various initiatives. This years impressive speaker lineup will share insight on the challenges and the solutions that they implemented to ensure that urban forests are not only cherished, but also perpetuated and sustained. This year, we are proud to present an International Keynote Speaker, Christopher Neilan who has largely worked in the public sector and will share his experiences using soft power to protect heritage and veteran trees. He is most widely known as the originator and main developer of CAVAT (Capital Asset Value for Amenity Trees). To make the online experience fun, we have activities to delight!
Our expert speakers are:
- Dr. Faisal Moola, Associate Professor, University of Guelph
- Jane Welsh, Project Manager, Environmental Planning, City of Toronto
- Steve Robinson, Manager of Urban Forestry, City of Burlington
- Allison Winmill, Technical Manager of Forestry and Tree Nurseries, Bioforest
- Martha Copestake, Forester, Planning, City of Ottawa
- Christopher Neilan, Chartered Arboriculturist and Landscape Professional, UK
The event is FREE to attend thanks to the generous support from OUFC sponsors and partners including the Clean Air Partnership and Bioforest, York Region & Urban Forest Innovations Inc.