The Middlesex London Food Policy Council will:
- Be a forum for discussing local food issues.
- Empower citizens to be involved in food system decisions.
- Foster coordination between sectors in the food system.
- Create, evaluate and influence policy.
- Support programs and services that address local needs.
To facilitate and support a safe, healthy and accessible local food system that is socially, economically, and environmentally sustainable.
- Advocate – Identify policy changes which support goals and advocate for their implementation.
- Communicate – Engage with the community on relevant and timely issues through the sharing of information and involvement in working groups.
- Coordinate – Identify and prioritize emerging issues, opportunities and needs in the Middlesex London food system and support the creation and implementation of initiatives.
- Educate – Provide evidence-based research and the most current knowledge on local food systems issues.
- Evaluate – Establish benchmarks and targets for achievement of mission/goals and monitor and report on progress of implementation.
- Leverage – Align and seek community resources to support the mission and goals of the Food Policy Council.
- Research – To facilitate, or conduct research on emerging local food system priorities where information gaps exist.
- Network – Build new partnerships and facilitate networking between existing and emerging food system stakeholders in Middlesex London.
Typical Volunteer Opportunities
- Community Outreach
- Be an Expert / Skill Sharing