The Green London Tour is a month-long challenge to celebrate Earth Day in a new way with the London Environmental Network! Together, we are building a more sustainable community and creating positive environmental change with collective action. We believe there are plenty of opportunities in our home, commute, workplace, and daily lives to affect positive change in the environment, and now more than ever, we know that climate action is essential for the well-being of current and future generations on this planet.
In partnership with members of the London Environmental Network, Green Economy London, and London Clean and Green partners, we’ve created an activity card filled with environmental actions to do individually or with your household at home, outdoors, or safely in the community - one for each week in April.
We’re challenging all Londoners to participate in these weekly action cards to raise awareness and demonstrate environmental stewardship in the city, and for the chance to win some awesome local prizes!
Take the Green London Tour:
- Sign up for the event on this page. By signing up, you'll receive a copy of each week's new activity card directly to your inbox!
- At the beginning of each week in April, we will publish that week’s activity card to the email list, this webpage, and our social media platforms.
- Screenshot the activity card on your phone or print it out and stick it on your refrigerator! Markup any of the activities you complete that week.
The more cards and activities you complete, the greater your number of entries are in the prize draws. Here’s how the entries work:
- Each four-in-a-row on an activity card = 1 entry
- An entire complete activity card = 10 entries
- Share about the Green London Tour on social media and tag us on Facebook or Instagram (posts and/or stories) = 5 entries
- If you’ve signed up online and submit your card(s) = 2 entries
Submit a photo of your completed card(s) to us through the form below by May 1st at 11:59pm for a chance to win some awesome local prizes! There will be 4 grand prizes and multiple smaller local prizes.
- $10 gift cards to Reimagine Co
- $25 gift cards to V Food Spot, Purdy Natural, Booch Organic Kombucha, and more
- $50 value - membership to Squeaky Wheel & gift card to Grow & Bloom
- $50 gift card to Plant Matter Kitchen
- GRAND PRIZE: $50 gift card to The Church Key & $50 gift card to London Brewing Co-op
- GRAND PRIZE: $50 gift card to Urban Roots London & $50 gift card to Growing Chefs! Ontario
- Plus prizes from Heeman's & On the Move Organics
- Winners for the prizes will be selected at random and contacted via email by May 7th. Good luck!
|Green London Tour Card 2||Green London Tour List 2|
|Green London Tour Card 3||Green London Tour List 3|
Participants must follow all local health guidelines from the Middlesex-London Health Unit and the Province's Keeping Ontario Safe and Open Framework.
How to Share on Social Media
- Tag us on Instagram @londonenvironet or on Facebook @LondonEnvironmentalNetwork featuring a photo/video related to the Green London Tour! Be sure to tag us correctly on your post and/or story in order to be entered for additional draws.
- The post/story may feature your completed activity, your activity-in-progress, you participating in your activity activities, or something else! Don’t be afraid to be creative and have fun with it!
Why the Green London Tour Matters
The Green London Tour helps to raise awareness about what everyone can do to take climate action in their daily lives. We know that individual actions can feel pretty small and inconsequential in the grand scheme of climate change. But individual actions *do* make a difference, especially when a large group of people are doing them at the same time! We feel inspired by individual and collective climate action, and we hope that these activities make you feel inspired while making a real difference in your community too.
Why else should you take the Green London Tour?
- Most activities in the challenge are designed for all ages and abilities, but feel free to customize them to fit your lifestyle.
- Most activities in the challenge are family-friendly! Engage your children in fun activities that teach them the value of sustainability and environmental awareness.
- Many activities help support local and sustainable businesses in London, which is an essential part of having a sustainable and resilient city!
- Did we mention the chance to win some awesome prizes from local businesses? Check back soon for the list of prizes you'll have a chance to win. Remember, more activities = more entries and a greater chance at winning prizes.
What you Can Expect from Us
Throughout April, we will be sharing how our staff and volunteer team are participating in the Green London Tour, as well as any posts we are tagged in about the challenge! We will also share upcoming environmental events and volunteer opportunities on our social media platforms and in our e-newsletter.