What is Green Drinks?
Green Drinks is an organic, self-organising network of people interested in talking about environmentally related topics. Every other month people who are interested in all aspects of the environmental field meet up at informal sessions known as Green Drinks. We have a lively mixture of people from NGOs, academia, government, business, and members of the general public who have an interest in the environment.
Attendance for the London Green Drinks events is open to everyone, but you must register for each event via the event’s Eventbrite page.
What do people do at Green Drinks?
Green Drinks is about networking, connecting, and collaborating. People come to Green Drinks to connect with old friends and co-workers, to meet new people, to forge new partnerships, and simply to learn.
There is typically a short speaker in the middle of the event, sharing interesting information about something environmentally related.
These events are very simple and unstructured, but many people have found employment, made friends, developed new ideas, done deals and had moments of serendipity.
Who should come to Green Drinks?
Do you consider yourself a “green-minded person”? If yes, that’s the only ‘criteria’ for coming to Green Drinks. Don’t know if you’re green, or curious about how to get more environmentally involved? We welcome anyone and everyone.
How Does Green Drinks Work? What Should I Expect?
Green Drinks is typically held every two months on a weekday evening, historically on Wednesday/Thursday. When you arrive you will be greeted and given a name tag. We strive to make all attendee’s comfortable and confident at Green Drinks. If you are there to meet a certain type of people, or for example make a career change – let us know and we can try and connect you with the right people.
Everyone in attendance is there for the same reason, to connect and meet new people – don’t be taken aback if someone just strikes up a conversation with you, it's normal and what Green Drinks is all about.
We try and encourage as much organize conversation as possible, but to speed things along and to break the ice we have icebreaker questions and conversation topics spread around the venue, as well as a photo booth, and a snap chat filter so you can share your night as well! Use #greendrinks and @londonenvironet to share!
Upcoming Green Drinks:
- August 13, 2019 | River Stewardship and our Direct Connection to the Thames @ London Brewing Co-op | Register
- September 26, 2019 | Thames Talbot Land Trust @ London Brewing Co-op
Past Green Drinks
- June 14, 2017 | Future City | Photos
- August 10, 2017 | Food Waste | Photos
- October 5, 2017 | Community Energy Action Plan | Photos
- January 18, 2018 | Building Better - Sustainable Building | Photos
- March 15, 2018 | Go Wild, Grow Wild, Green Expo | Photos
- May 2, 2018 | GreenPAC and Electing Environmental Leaders
- July 27, 2018 | West5 Discovery Tour - Sustainable Living Centre | Photos
- September 13, 2018 | Drive Electric Week and Electric Vehicles | Photos
- November 27, 2018 | Sustainability Initiatives at Western | Photos
- January 24, 2019 | London Cycle Link | Photos
- March 7, 2019 | City of London @ Joe Kool's | Photos
- May 29, 2019 | Big Bike Giveaway @ Wink's
LEN strives to make Green Drinks a supporter of local and sustainable businesses, therefore we love to collaborate with Green Businesses in London. Interested in becoming a collaborator or sponsor? Send an email to hello [at] londonenvironment.net or give us a call at 226-700-2945 and we would be happy to see how we can work together on Green Drinks.