The London Environmental Network (LEN) is a registered environmental charity in London, ON that aims to create a greener, sustainable, and more resilient city. The LEN works to connect and engage individuals, nonprofits, community groups, and businesses to reduce their environmental impacts and co-create positive change. The LEN also works to raise the profile of the environmental non-profit sector to attract more volunteers and supporters in growing a healthy, sustainable city. Our vision is for London to be known as one of the greenest and most resilient cities in Canada.
We are seeking volunteers for our Fundraising & Events Committee, which works to develop events and fundraising initiatives for the organization. Volunteer work will be a combination of in-person and remote work, and involves collaborative work with committee members, some independent reading, meetings to discuss progress and new ideas, and executing events and fundraising initiatives.
The Fundraising & Events Committee organizes and implements events and fundraising initiatives for the LEN to increase the organization’s presence in the community and strengthen its financial stability. Specific tasks of the committee include:
- Coordinating networking events (e.g. Green Drinks) for members and the public to support organizational capacity in the environmental sector.
- Support LEN’s financial stability by organizing a variety of fundraising events and campaigns with diversity in revenue streams, as well as by incorporating fundraising elements into as many events as possible.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Committee activities against annual fundraising targets.
- Provide support for LEN events and outreach activities as needed and when requested by staff.
- Provide support with grant applications and donor engagement as needed and when requested by staff.
Small but mighty is our trademark! If you are a match, you will be working closely with our staff and volunteer teams to achieve both your personal goals and the organizational goals. We want you to benefit from your time with us at LEN, as much as we want to benefit from your experience.
All are welcome to apply, however we’re particularly interested in individuals that have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Event planning and coordination
- Fundraising and donor development
- Marketing, promotions, and graphic design
- Corporate sponsorship
Prior experience with nonprofit boards or committees is preferred but not mandatory.
This position is located in London ON, and reliable transportation to conduct volunteer work around the city may be required.
How to Apply:
Email [email protected] with a cover letter and resume. Use “Fundraising & Events Committee Application” as your subject line. This will be forwarded to the Committee Chair, who will follow up with your application.
London Environmental Network is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all staff, volunteers, members, subcontractors, and vendors in all our activities and operations, regardless of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), dis/ability, marital status, or sexual orientation.