About this Event
Keeping the forest in the Forest City takes more than just planting trees alone! Caring for trees during their first few years is essential to the success of a tree planting project. That's why we go back to our planting sites in the summertime to help ensure their survival.
There are sites that need caring for before the end of the year, so we need your help this fall! We have several dates coming up, so please see below for details.
- Checking Tree Collars
- Invasive Species Removal
- Applying Skoot (deer repellent)
- Litter Clean Up
Dates and Locations
- Sunday October 25th 12:30-3:30PM - Fox Hollow Ravine (1950 Aldersbrook Rd)
- Wednesday October 28th 4-6 PM - Graham Place Park (901 Graham Place)
- Thursday October 29th 4-6 PM - Kains Woods Trail (1780 Riverbend Road)
- Friday October 30th 4-6 PM - Walker Drain (1700 Cheapside St)
- October 31st 10-12 PM - Neptune Crescent (334 Neptune Crescent)
- Sunday Nov 1st 12-2 PM - McNay Drain South (440 Barker Street)
Please do not sign up if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, have traveled recently, or have had close interaction with someone ill with COVID-19.
We are asking volunteers to arrive with their own water, snacks, gloves, sunscreen, and bug spray. Masks are not mandatory, but you are encouraged to bring one and welcome to wear it if you'd like. We will be maintaining proper physical distance.
There is NO drop-in option - you must sign up if you'd like to participate. We also rely heavily on our volunteers to show up, so if you sign up but can no longer make it, please cancel your spot to let someone else sign up.
If you have questions or concerns please email Juliana, Interim Project Manager at [email protected]
To learn more about Aftercare, visit http://reforestlondon.ca/tree-aftercare-assistant