Centering Indigenous Leadership and Diverse Perspectives to Advance the Sustainable Development Goals in Nogojiwanong/Peterborough is a free virtual forum designed to share and build on the collective work of over 100 community members on five local priority action areas to reach the 2030 targets:
SDG #1 No Poverty,
SDG #4 Quality Education,
SDG #6 Clean Water and Sanitization,
SDG #13 Climate Action,
and Prioritizing Indigenous Leadership.
We invite you to join us to learn together and deepen our understanding of advancing the SDGs with our community in a way that leaves no one behind and prioritizes Indigenous leadership for success in this work.
Objective: Enhancing multi-stakeholder efforts by promoting partnership and bridging efforts across sectors in support of the 2030 Agenda; specifically focused on advancing this work locally through LNOB and centering Indigenous leadership.
Session 3: Thursday, February 25th from 10:00am-12:30pm
Localizing the SDGs through the Lens of Leaving No One Behind and Intersectionality
- Welcome, Land Acknowledgment and Prayer | Brief Recap: Feb 24th Highlights
- Localizing the SDGs - Project Action Team Presentations:
- SDG #1: No Poverty - Joëlle Favreau
- SDG #4: Quality Education - Liz Stone and Faith Mwesigye
- SDG #6: Clean Water & Sanitation - Elder Dorothy Taylor and Meredith Carter
- SDG #13: Climate Action - Anna Currier and Dana Jordan
- Breakout Groups: Reflection and discussion on the intersectionality, partnerships, resources, and work of advancing 'leaving no one behind' on the priority action areas (Breakout groups will be organized based on registration information provided.)
- Plenary Discussion, Next Steps | Closing Words