Free Canadian Freshwater Alliance Webinar on Thursday May 7th - 9am PT / 12pm ET
With the COVID-19 pandemic, many environmental initiatives are at stake because of social distancing guidelines resulting in the cancellation of in-person events, workshops, and meetings. As a result, volunteer opportunities are changing rapidly. However, digital organizing and online engagement are vital tools that, when used effectively, can have an enormous impact.
Come join the Canadian Freshwater Alliance to learn about how you can help protect and defend the places you love, all from home. You’ll come away from this workshop with an understanding of:
- why digital environmental actions matter;
- how we can move forward with digital organizing while self-isolating;
- the skills you can contribute to environmental initiatives online and remotely;
- practical tips and tools for online organizing, including communication techniques, engaging decision-makers and media, and event organizing;
- how you can help build and sustain a community of freshwater and environmental action-takers.
Thank you to ReForest London for inviting us to be part of the Signal Boost Initiative's event series, which is made possible with support from the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
Event image and description from Canadian Freshwater Alliance.