Seedy Saturday Garden Fest is where gardeners come each year to SHOP, LEARN and GROW.
Now in our 13th year, our regulars say that Seedy Saturday is the best way to beat the winter blues and kick off the gardening season!
- a day of fun, shopping and learning for novice to advanced home gardeners.
- great deals for those seeking seeds, supplies, decor, local food, and other products
- the opportunity to meet and chat with local community groups or get advice from horticultural experts
- a large community seed swap
- if you want to grow any plants or trees and especially if you like the idea of growing your own food, this is the place to learn how to do it and buy what you need!
Here’s the list of 2020 Seedy Saturday Vendors and Exhibitors registered (as of Feb 6). More added every week!
The price of admission includes all of the above PLUS the opportunity to sit in on these three educational and interesting talks throughout the day:
10:30am – 11:30am – What We Used to Kill; Caterpillars & their food 2020 – Sean James
How to enhance our gardens to provide habitat for these creatures. Host plants and garden maintenance will be topics of discussion.
12:00pm – 1:00pm– For the Love of Trees – Julie Dorssers, Master Gardener
These living beings are the backbone of the garden and our environment. Come learn why we love them.
1:30pm – 2:30pm – Invasive Plant Species – Brenda Gallagher of Upper Thames Conservation
They are here, there, everywhere! Let us show you which plants are invasive and how you can help.
If you love gardening, this is an event you won’t want to miss!
- The first 700 attendees are offered a handy reusable bag courtesy of TD Friends of the Environment.
- Plan to stay all day – Good food is available for purchase on-site from St Anne’s Church cafe. Pies to take home too!
- Bring labeled packets of your own seeds to exchange at the Community Seed Swap.
- We offer a limited quantity of seed catalogs to early birds. CLICK HERE for a handy list of 2020 Online Catalogs
Plan to join us for Seedy Saturday Garden Fest. It’s always on the first Saturday in March.
March 7th, 10 am to 3 pm @ Carling Heights Optimist Community Centre 656 Elizabeth Street London N5Y 6L3
656 Elizabeth St
London, ON N5Y 2K6
Google map and directions