Post-Carbon London’s mission is to assist London and area with understanding and acting on issues surrounding peak oil and global warming through relocalization.
In supporting our mission we maintain the following core values:
- Supporting relocalization through reduced consumption and increased local production.
- Supporting municipal, regional, community-based and cooperative responses to the crisis
- Focusing on how global energy and global warming issues relate to London and the surrounding area
- Recommending and facilitating legislative, regulatory and policy changes at all levels of government that help to address the crisis
- Rejecting large-scale centralized energy solutions, such as coal and nuclear expansion
- Supporting global carbon-reduction and climate-change mitigation strategies
- Supporting peaceful, non-discriminatory, non-violent responses to the crisis
- Supporting justice and respect for human rights, locally and internationally, in all responses to the crisis.
Typical Engagement Opportunities
- Engagement with monthly Post-Carbon London discussion group. This group meets bi-monthly on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month.
- Represent Post-Carbon London at events