This year’s Harvest Dinner will look a little different. We are bringing the spirit and celebration of this event right into your home!
In collaboration with some of London’s most talented chefs, we are preparing high-quality dinner packages that highlight Urban Roots London’s produce and diverse culinary disciplines. This year, we are offering three, four, and five-course dinners prepared by chefs Anna Carroll, Tim Drew, Katherine Jones, and Ryan Wishak of Growing Chefs! Ontario, and Shayna Patterson of Rebel Remedy. Dinners will be accompanied by serving, plating, and beverage pairing suggestions.
Prepared dinners will be refrigerated until pick-up at Growing Chefs! Headquarters, 460 King St, London ON. Delivery is available within the city of London. See "Add-Ons" to select the delivery option.
- Salad - Urban Farmer's salad with pink beet, herbed white bean puree, roasted garlic, french cut bush beans and chili oil, spiced chickpea crumb, and leek hay
- Charcuterie - McIntosh summer sausage and pepperettes, Monforte Memellete - water buffalo and anatto, Monforte Little Prince - ashed chevre , ground cherry and tomato jam, bush bean pickles, olives and crudite, sesame and potato crackers
- Plant Based Charcuterie - sweet pepper and smoked paprika cashew cheese, coconut ash and black garlic cashew cheese , roasted and spiced beet, ground cherry and tomato jam, bush bean pickles, olives and crudite, sesame and potato crackers
- Soup - corn, pumpkin, onion ash, pickled peppers, and sprouts
- Main - sumac and bergamot farmers sausage with lamb, roasted pickled potatoes, radish salad, pickled turnip, with zucchini mint and tahini sauce
- Vegan Main - eggplant log roast, roasted pickled potatoes, radish salad, pickled turnip, with zucchini mint and tahini sauce
- Dessert - Fruits of the Farm reimagined dessert using Urban Roots London's produce
- Palate Cleanser - steeped flowers, herbs, roots, and rhubarb kombucha
Five-Course Dinner includes salad, charcuterie, soup, main, dessert, and palate cleanser.
Four-Course Dinner includes salad, soup, main, and dessert.
Three-Course Dinner includes salad, main, and dessert.
About Urban Roots London
Urban Roots London is a non-profit organization that revitalizes underused land in the City of London for urban agriculture. Through the production and distribution of high-quality produce, Urban Roots London works to support a diverse food system and strengthen community connections.
We understand the impact COVID-19 has had on the lives of people in our city. The importance of Urban Roots London’s mission has never been more evident. Your support of this year's Harvest Dinner will help us meet our community’s changing and growing needs in terms of food security, poverty, and accessibility. Thank you for your support!
Event image and description via Urban Roots London.