On Tuesday August 13th, 2019, the Storm Art Drain Program will be unveiled. This project highlights the importance of our Thames River and storm drains through art. Several storm drains will be painted by local artists over the coming year to raise awareness that storm drains empty directly into our waterways (specifically in London, the local creeks, the Thames River system, and then onto Lake St. Clair and Lake Erie).
This first storm drain art project will occur at the London Brewing Co-op, and you can come see a live-painting of the storm drain and listen to speakers address watershed health issues at our August Green Drinks, a free, public, networking event. A Green Drinks collaboration with London Environmental Network and Green Economy London.
- Connecting Londoners to our Waterways: Patrick Donnelly, City of London
- Sewer stewardship and how to protect our water: Barry Orr, City of London
- Technology to Protect our Waterways: Joe from Enviropod introducing the LittaTrap
- Business Environmental Stewardship: Marianne Griffith, Green Economy London and Jeff Pastorious, London Brewing / On The Move Organics / The Root Cellar
- Storm Drain Art Tour Announcement: The London Arts Council
- Poetry Reading: Tom Cull
- Live Storm Drain Painting by local artist: Jesse Watson
- Live Music
About Green Drinks:
Green Drinks is an organic, self-organising network of people interested in talking about environmentally related topics. We hope you can join us to chat with like-minded neighbours, learn more about such an incredible local environmental organization, and connect with other people interested in growing a healthier, more sustainable city!
Like every Green Drinks, we encourage attendees to use active transportation. Plan your route to walk, bike, bus or if you can't do those try to carpool!
Get your tickets here.
521 Burbrook Pl
London, ON N5W 4B5
Google map and directions