Effective Environmental Leadership: Leading From Your Strengths
Led by Marna Fujimoto-Pihl
Innovation Works, Collaboration Station Room
Does This Sound Like You?
- You find yourself spread too thin and, at times, a bit overwhelmed by all the roles and responsibilities you have in your life…and you feel sometimes like you’re scrambling to keep up or not drop any balls.
- You sense you're spending a lot of time on activities you don’t really enjoy, you find draining, or you’re not actually skilled in – but you feel you 'should' be doing them, perhaps because there’s no one else who can or will.
- You feel like perhaps you’re letting yourself and others down because you’re not doing your best work or being your best in the roles you hold.
- You get frustrated because you’re dedicated and you do so much work, but it doesn’t seem like it’s making much difference in the grand scheme of things.
What You Will Get:
- Discover what your biggest strengths are and how you uniquely add value to your organization and the world
- Break the cycle of over-commitment by saying No to what does not serve you as a leader and say Yes to what does
- Learn to recognize top strengths in others within your organization and identify ways you can draw those out and maximize them
- Gain insight into some of the thoughts and beliefs that keep you from leading effectively
- Step into your unique brand of leadership and claim it confidently
- Draft a plan to put your commitments into action – in your life and your organizations
This is a 3-hour workshop, with priority given to individuals from London Environmental Network member organizations. Ideally, 2+ people from each organization should attend to act as accountability partners for each other. A strengths assessment tool will be sent out via email to workshop attendees prior to the workshop, and it must be completed before the start of the workshop. This is necessary to identify your top strengths which will be discussed at the workshop.
- Brief networking period at the start of the workshop (with coffee & morning treats!)
- Debrief of your top strengths
- Workshop content led by Marna
Marna Fujimoto-Pihl is a personal impact coach and a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC). She trained at the Coaches Training Institute (CTI), where she graduated from their world-renowned coaching curriculum.
Before Marna became a coach, she was the coordinator for the London Environmental Network (LEN), overseeing its launch and the first year of operation, and she most loved offering workshops and individual support to member group leaders. Prior to this role, she worked extensively in nonprofits in London, Toronto and Montreal, where she held roles in communications, fundraising, marketing and event planning, and she gained considerable experience supporting organizations through mission and vision clarification, branding and strategic planning.
Marna runs personal coaching programs and workshops to help parents, creatives and change-makers make space for what matters, live ‘on purpose’, and have more impact.
When she’s not coaching, she can be found enjoying the outdoors with her young sons, making jewellery or paper crafts, or volunteering with her neighbourhood association and school council.
RSVP here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/len-member-workshop-effective-environmental-leadership-tickets-48697951885?aff=efbeventtix