The City of London is seeking community feedback on its Strategic Plan for 2023-2027.
What is a Strategic Plan and why is it important?
The Strategic Plan identifies the shared vision, mission, and priorities that will guide the City’s next four years. The Strategic Plan reflects the needs and expectations of the community, and drives decision-making through the Multi-Year Budget and the City's Technology Investment Strategy.
If we want to see environmental projects and climate action prioritized in the next 4 years, THIS is the time to let the City know!
What are the environmental focus areas in the Draft Strategic Plan?
The Draft Strategic Plan has 8 strategic areas of focus, each with associated outcomes, expected results, and strategies that will carry us over the next 4 years.
The two strategic areas of focus and their outcomes that most strongly relate to the environment are:
Climate Action and Sustainable Growth
- Outcome 1: London has a strong and healthy environment. The expected results and draft strategies are:
- Outcome 2: London is a model for climate action and sustainability in alignment with the Council-declared climate emergency and the Climate Emergency Action Plan. The expected results and draft strategies are:
- Outcome 3: London’s infrastructure and systems are built, maintained, and operated to meet the long-term needs of our community. The expected results and draft strategies are:
Mobility and Transportation
- Outcome 1: Londoners of all identities, abilities, and means can move throughout the city safely and efficiently. The expected results and draft strategies are:
It is important to look at these strategic areas of focus with a sustainability lens: by looking at environmental, social, and economic factors altogether and how they interact with one another. For example, if we want to see more people participating in climate action initiatives, we need to ensure their basic needs are met, such as safe and affordable housing. That's why it's essential these focus areas are connected and working in support of one another over the next 4 years.
What can you do?
If you do only one thing, DO THIS: Share your feedback on the draft strategic plan through the Get Involved Survey link by March 8th. Let the City know what you do or don't agree with, what you would add, and what you think should be prioritized.
If you're looking for more, here are some other community feedback opportunities:
- Attend an upcoming Community Connector event near you (see schedule on the Get Involved webpage here).
- Speak at the Public Participation Meeting (PPM) on March 8th. Register by emailing [email protected]. You can submit a recommendation or presentation for the agenda by emailing the [email protected] before Monday March 6at 9am.
- Contact your City Councillor by phone or email (link to contact info here) and share your feedback with them.
All graphics are taken from the City of London's Draft Strategic Plan 2023-2027 document, all credit goes to the City of London.