DATE: Wednesday, March 4, 2020
THEME: Whether you're new to exploring the role the digestive system plays in your overall health, or looking to expand your knowledge and learn some great gut healing recipes, this is the class for you! An introduction from Holistic Nutritionist, Morgan Gibbens will set the stage for a hands-on cooking class that will focus on digestive wellness and "Meals That Heal"!
WHAT TO EXPECT: Morgan Gibbens is a Holistic Nutritionist. She believes we all have the ability to take control of our health and wellbeing through holistic and integrative means, and that it all starts with how we're fuelling our minds and bodies. This class will focus on digestive wellness, and foods that heal our gut! After a short discussion on "digestive health and wellness", the remainder of this hands-on class will walk you through preparing a full day of delicious, nutritious gut healing foods to optimize your digestive function.
CHEF: Chef Katherine, with introduction by Morgan Gibbens, CNP
MENU: Will incorporate delicious gut healthy foods for every meal of the day!
- Spiced steel cut oat parfait with apple, pumpkin seeds, with coconut yogurt and elderberry syrup
- Pineapple banana and oat milk smoothie with chia, hemp and spirulina
- Kimchi turkey okanomiyaki with avocado tahini dressing
- Turmeric coconut bone broth with lacto-veggie noodles
- Radicchio and manchego salad with olives and grapefruit
- Kombucha-glazed trout with papaya & jalapeño salsa with sweet potato fries
- Chocolate avocado pudding with raspberries
DIETARY FLAGS: If you have ANY dietary restrictions or allergies PLEASE contact us in advance of the event so that we may accommodate appropriately.
REGISTRATION: First come, first served. RSVP via Eventbrite linked here.
WHAT TO BRING: Hair tie for long hair and comfortable closed-toed shoes; we will provide you with an apron while you work!
MORE INFORMATION: A cash bar will be available. Washrooms are located on the second floor (only accessible by stairs).
CANCELLATION: Refunds available 1 week in advance only. These classes are very popular and we will open up your spot to the waitlist.
Growing Chefs! Contact information: [email protected] ; 519-679-4769
Event image and description via Growing Chefs! Ontario