We can’t do the work we need to if we aren’t supported emotionally and mentally. Knowing about burnout and how to maintain a positive working culture is essential to being successful as a non-profit
The articles provided at the following link include several personal reflections from activists and community leaders about their experiences with burnout, what burnout looks like within the environmental sector and how to notice and prevent burnout during your work.
- “Burnout is a risk where people are passionate about what they do”
- “My name is Claire and I’m in recovery from addiction to activism”
- The Risks of the Energy of Yes
- Transition and Burnout: The Australian Experience
- On Managing Burnout
- Neighbouring: A Burnout and Build Up Again Story
- Balance or Burnout?
- How Sustainable is Your Group?
Webinars and Training
- Mental Health Commission of Canada – Workplace Webinar Series