The COVID-19 pandemic has made Londoners appreciate the importance of being healthy and resilient, more than ever. It has also helped us recognize how nature helps provide that for us every day. A greener London is vital for everyone's good health, and planting more trees in parks with social distancing in place is a great way to make London a better place to live, work and play.
We will be planting trees in 2 local parks with volunteers on these dates:
- Thursday, June 3 (3:00 - 6:00 pm)
- Saturday, June 5 (9:30 - 11:30 am & 1:00 - 3:30 pm)
- Sunday, June 6 (9:30 - 11:30 am & 1:00 - 3:30 pm)
- Wednesday, June 9 (4:00 - 7:00 pm)
- Saturday, June 12 (9:30 - 11:30 am & 1:00 - 3:30 pm)
- Sunday, June 13 (9:30 - 11:30 am & 1:00 - 3:30 pm)
All people interested in participating (including children) must be registered, so that we can maintain proper physical distancing and limit our participants.
If you have your own shovel and gloves, please bring them along!
No experience or training is required to attend a tree planting event. We'll teach you how to plant a tree at the beginning of the event.