Are you passionate about reducing emissions in London? We are seeking Registered Energy Advisors to join our Greener Homes London team!
View the full opportunity below or click here to view the posting as a PDF.
Job title: Registered Energy Advisor
Wage rate: Individual compensation ranges based on availability as well as file completion. With part-time availability, the successful candidate should expect to earn approximately ~$30,000-65,000 annually.
Hours: Manage your own schedule and area. We will work with you on the days and times that you want to work and the areas that you want to cover. We understand that REA’s work with other Service Organizations and have other responsibilities, and we will work with you and your schedule. Casual - based on demand.
Start Date: As soon as possible
The London Environmental Network (LEN) is a registered charity that envisions London as one of the greenest and most resilient cities in Canada. This is achieved by building participation, collaboration, and capacity in our communities to co-create positive environmental change. Our targeted programs and services support nonprofit organizations, community groups, local businesses, and London residents alike to effect positive environmental change.
- Conducting residential home energy assessments (EnerGuide Audits)
- Discussing residential energy efficiency projects with residents including cost-benefit analysis for retrofits, environmental impacts, and associated financial incentives
- Customer service and communication support with clients and admin team for the program as needed
- Opportunities for further skill development and certification advancement within the EnerGuide field if desired
Small but mighty is our trademark! If you are the successful candidate, you will be working in a small team team to achieve both your personal goals and the organizational goals. We want you to succeed just as much as we want to benefit from your work at the London Environmental Network.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Conduct residential audits using the EnerGuide for Houses system procedures
- Prepare, present, and explain custom Home Energy Plans to residential customers
- Prepare and deliver EnerGuide for Houses labels to residential customers
- Promote and conduct follow-up audits with residential customers
- Complete and submit, on a timely basis, all required reports and electronic files
- Respond promptly to all issues and inquiries
- Promote (if required) related service and programs
- Maintain an up-to-date online scheduling system (Acuity)
- Deliver excellent customer service, resolving customer issues and escalating challenges to Director of Programs
- Manage calls, email inquiries and voicemail messages
- Provide feedback on customer trends and challenges to admin, documenting issues for ongoing/improved training and program development
Preference will be given to candidates that have the following experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge of residential building science
- Knowledge of HOT2000 program
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with internet information exchange
- Excellent customer service and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and social skills and a demonstrated commitment to environmental goals
- Able to complete physically active work such as lifting boxes of inventory, climbing ladders, and accessing crawl spaces
- Possession of a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Bilingual oral and/or written skills are an asset
- Working knowledge of NRCan’s EnerGuide for Houses rating and evaluation system is an asset
- Willing to work some evening and Saturday appointments is an asset but not required
How to Apply:
Email [email protected] with a cover letter and resume. Use “Energy Advisor Job Application” as your subject line. Interviews ongoing.
London Environmental Network is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all staff, volunteers, members, subcontractors, and vendors in all our activities and operations, regardless of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), dis/ability, marital status, or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from persons with disabilities and will provide accommodations during all stages of the hiring process, upon request.