ReForest London is a non-profit organization dedicated to partnering with our community to enhance environmental and human health in the Forest City, through the benefit of trees. We are also undertaking a significant new project: the creation of London’s first Environment and Sustainability Centre.
We are looking for volunteer finance committee members who are action-oriented and interested in sharing their expertise within a very active and growing local non-profit. We hope to appoint a diverse committee that bring many perspectives and experience to share.
We are a hands-on committee, with members working together to build a robust set of financial policies and practices, and to assist staff in accomplishing finance and audit related tasks.
- Ensuring compliance with accounting principles and standards
- Oversee the organization’s financial and control systems
- Review financial reports and internal financial statements
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Assist in the planning, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Monitor adherence to the budget
- Create, approve, and update (as necessary) policies that help ensure the assets of the organization are protected
- Ensure approved financial policies and procedures are being followed
- Attend monthly Finance and Audit Committee meetings
- Completion in Post-Secondary education in Finance or Accounting
- Knowledge in NPO and/or HST finance would be an asset
- Experience in budgeting, asset management, financial management, risk management and audits
- Strong analytical and business analysis skills
- Ability to take initiative and independently prioritize own work
- A passion to fuel our organization to new levels of accomplishment and to make our community even better
The committee meets monthly for 1.5-2 hours, plus approximately 2 hours of work between meetings.
To apply, please email a resume and a brief statement outlining why you are interested in volunteering for ReForest London and why you are a good fit for Finance Committee. You may send it to James Heskin at firstname.lastname@example.org.