We are also leading the creation of the new Westminster Ponds Centre (WPC) for Environment & Sustainability, a hub promoting environmental excellence and advancing community sustainability.
We are looking for volunteer Board Members (Directors) who are action-oriented and looking to make an environmental impact on our community. ReForest London’s community focus, direct action in tree planting, and the creation of London’s first and only Environment and Sustainability Centre create a wide variety of interesting and engaging experiences for Directors.
The Board comprises up to 15 directors, offering Directors strong peer connections and the organizational capacity to achieve. Each Board member also sits on one of our five committees:
- Trees – Develops new approaches and activities to consistently increase RFL’s ability to plant and protect trees.
- Westminster Ponds Centre – Develops strategies and projects that continue to bring this new Environmental Centre to full realization
- Marketing – Develops and undertakes campaigns, tactics and materials to engage the community in the value of trees and the new Environmental Centre project.
- Finance – Ensures the adequacy and effectiveness of the financial reporting and controls, budget oversight and audit obligations.
- Governance – Ensures good governance and oversight of the operation of the Board of Directors, including recruitment and retention of Directors.
The Board meets the first Tuesday of every month (save for the month of August). Directors would also meet most months for a committee meeting. We strive to keep both board and committee meetings to 2 hours or less. We seek an initial 3 year commitment for incoming board members. Successful candidates’ terms will commence at our Annual General Meeting on June 1, 2021.
We are looking for Directors with a passion to achieve, and with skills and knowledge in finance, trees, marketing, sustainability, governance, project management, fundraising, community mobilization, campaign management, human resources, or strategic leadership.
HOW TO APPLY
We value your time and have created a short form for you to fill out by April 30, instead of sending an email.
You will be asked to provide the following:
- Your resume
- A brief statement outlining your interest in this leadership opportunity and in making London a greener and healthier community