Our Mission (What we do)
The London Environmental Network (LEN) connects and supports local non-profits and community groups working with an environmental focus.
We work to build strong, resilient organizations so they can be more effective at creating positive environmental change over the long term. The London Environmental Network also acts as a doorway into the environmental non-profit sector so Londoners can more easily learn about environmental efforts in our city and how to get involved.
Our Vision (Why we do it)
We believe that by cultivating a strong, cohesive and empowered environmental non-profit community, we will engage more Londoners in growing a healthy, sustainable city.
Our Goals (How we do it)
- Facilitate collaboration between environmental organizations
- Provide training and shared resources to make groups stronger and more effective
- Empower member organizations to communicate their stories better and become more effective at making change
- Be a central source for Londoners to learn about environmental groups, events and activities
- Recruit volunteers and supporters for member organizations
- Share and celebrate our successes!
Our Causes (What our members are working for)
- Clean & Renewable Energy
- Climate Change
- Food Security
- Habitat Protection & Restoration
- Hiking Trail Development & Maintenance
- Nature Appreciation
- Sustainable Transportation Choices
- Tree Planting & Care
Waste Reduction & Recycling
- Water Protection & Improvement
Many London environmental groups have seen a need for a more organized way of getting our message out to the public, so we can make significant progress in the environmental issues facing us.
In 2013, twenty-five groups gathered together to discuss the needs that a network might address. Thames Talbot Land Trust and ReForest London collaborated on a grant to Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) and were fortunate to receive funding to operate the network for three years.
LEN officially launched to the public on March 27, 2015.
The London Environmental Network was created to help protect our environment and build a sustainable community by supporting local environmental organizations improve their internal capacity and ability to deliver on their missions.
The London Environmental Network provides our member organizations with shared resources, and training, outreach and collaboration opportunities so they can become stronger and work more effectively together. It also connects groups to the London community, recruits volunteers, and promotes environmental events, initiatives and successes.
LEN was officially incorporated as a nonprofit organization in March 2018. The three formative years that LEN spent being supported by Thames Talbot Land Trust and ReForest London allowed for LEN to grow and shape our programming in a stable environment.