We are seeking a Membership Engagement Specialist to provide high-quality support services to our membership organizations. The London Environmental Network supports over 45 environmental groups and nonprofits in London through capacity-building resources and amplifying their messaging through our communications platforms. Volunteer work will be primarily done remotely, but in-person workspaces are available. Continue reading for more details and how to apply for this volunteer opportunity!
Type: Volunteer (unpaid)
Time Commitment: Estimated 5 hours per week. Minimum volunteer commitment for 8 months.
Volunteer Position Details:
We are seeking a Membership Engagement Specialist to provide high-quality support services to our membership organizations. The London Environmental Network supports over 45 environmental groups and nonprofits in London through capacity-building resources and amplifying their messaging through our communications platforms. Volunteer work will be primarily done remotely, but in-person workspaces are available.
The London Environmental Network (LEN) is a network of local environmentally focused non-profits and community groups. LEN works to strengthen these groups internally so they are better able to make positive change over the long term. The LEN also works to raise the profile of the environmental non-profit sector so we attract more volunteers and supporters in growing a healthy, sustainable city.
Small but mighty is our trademark! If you are the successful candidate you will be working closely with our staff team to achieve both your personal goals and the organizational goals. We want you to succeed just as much as we want to benefit from your time with us at LEN.
Preferable Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience in customer service, non-profit sector, or sales is desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to meet deliverables.
- Reporting skills (tracking, evaluation etc.)
The Membership Engagement Specialist will be working on administering supportive services to our 45+ network member organizations to strengthen the environmental sector:
Responsibilities of the Membership Engagement Specialist will include:
- Update our online events calendar with events information from our members in a timely fashion.
- Refresh our member resources (rebranding, reformatting, and updating) in a shareable, digestible format
- Create and administer intake surveys to members; organize and summarize data (both qualitative and quantitative forms of data)
- Create clear and concise reports to summarize member response data
- Assist with managing membership information and engagement through our platforms, Nationbuilder and Airtable.
- Launch one communications campaign that highlights our 45+ members and the variety of work they do in the environmental sector
- Research new environmentally-related groups to join our membership.
- Quarterly / bi-annual check-ins with members
Supervision and Mentoring Plan:
The Membership Engagement Specialist will report to a Supervisor at London Environmental Network.
A volunteer orientation to the London Environmental Network and the position will be provided at the beginning of the position. This will include an overview of the London Environmental Network organizational structure, mandate, policies, procedures and properties.
Volunteer training and supervision will be provided by the Supervisor who will communicate the specific goals, tasks and expectations of individual projects. The Membership Engagement Specialist will be in contact with the Supervisor on a weekly basis when working independently.
The Supervisor will meet with the Membership Engagement Specialist once per week to review progress on projects and discuss new ideas and challenges.
London Environmental Network is an equal opportunity organization. We want to be an organization where a diverse mix of talented people do their best work because of, not in spite of, our differences. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all staff, volunteers, members, subcontractors, and vendors in all our activities and operations, regardless of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), dis/ability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
How to Apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org by September 18th 2020 at 5pm with a cover letter and resume. Use “Membership Engagement Specialist Application” as your subject line.