Keeping the forest in the Forest City takes more than just planting trees alone! Caring for trees during their first few years is essential to the success of a naturalization project. That's why we go back to our planting sites from June to September to help ensure their survival.
Being an Aftercare Assistant Volunteer:
Our Tree Specialists will help you to identify the weeds that need to be removed around the trees, as well as identifying which grasses need to be covered in mulch around the trees so that they can retain moisture.
No experience, training or volunteer registration is required to attend an aftercare event. We'll teach you everything you need to know at the beginning of the event.
Click here for a detailed description of the Tree Aftercare Assistant role.
Here are some tips to help you have a great volunteer experience:
- Be prompt – we’ll teach you everything at the beginning of the event.
- Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals or flip-flops please.
- Wear clothing appropriate to the weather – we care for the trees rain or shine! Long pants are recommended! Don’t forget sunscreen.
- Bring water – we’ll have a jug to refill your reusable bottle.
- Volunteer hours – Secondary students can earn volunteer hours at our events. Don’t forget your forms!
- Getting there – Consider walking, cycling, carpooling, or taking the bus to our events.
- Some of our locations are tricky to find. Please look at our maps and watch for posted white signs directing you to the planting locations.
- Cancellations – We do cancel aftercare due to inclement weather (eg. heat or thunderstorm warnings), so please check day-of on Facebook and our website if you are unsure.
Questions? Contact Victoria at email@example.com
Upcoming Aftercare Events:
|Tuesday June 18, 2019||6:00 pm - 8:00 pm||
Thursday June 20, 2019
|6:00 pm - 8:00 pm||
Fox Hollow Ravine North
|Tuesday June 25, 2019||6:00 pm - 8:00 pm||
|Wednesday June 26, 2019||10:00 am - 12:00 pm||
|Saturday June 29, 2019||10:00 am - 12:00 pm||
|Wednesday July 3, 2019||6:00 pm - 8:00 pm||
Kains Woods SWM
|Thursday July 4, 2019||6:00 pm - 8:00 pm||
Paul Haggis Park
|Saturday July 6, 2019||10:00 am - 12:00 pm||
|Tuesday July 9, 2019||10:00 am - 12:00 pm||
|Wednesday July 10, 2019||6:00 pm - 8:00 pm||
|Tuesday July 16, 2019||6:00 pm - 8:00 pm||
|Wednesday July 17, 2019||6:00 pm - 8:00 pm||
601 Exeter Rd
London, ON N6E 2Z2
Google map and directions