Job title: Environmental Outreach Specialist
Hourly wage rate: $16.20/hour for 20 hours a week. 16 week contract.
We are seeking an outreach specialist to engage Londoners in our environmental programs, specifically, Greener Homes London. We do have some flexibility on the start and end dates however, you must also meet the following Canada Summer Job requirements; must be between 15 and 30 years of age and a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. International students are not eligible.
The London Environmental Network (LEN) is a network of local environmentally focused non-profits and community groups. LEN works to strengthen these groups internally so they are better able to make positive change over the long term. The LEN also works to raise the profile of the environmental non-profit sector so we attract more volunteers and supporters in growing a healthy, sustainable city.
The London Environmental Network is currently seeking a summer student to be our Environmental Outreach Specialist from May-August 2021. The successful candidate will help us with compiling research and literature reviews for a residential retrofit program (including economic impacts), member support, running digital support for webinars, and other program development projects.
- Developing campaigns (online and in person, COVID regulations permitting) to engage Londoners in residential sustainability programming
- Organize and facilitate program enrollment and events.
- Communications to participants.
- Customer service support for the program as needed
- Greener Homes London webinar facilitation.
Small but mighty is our trademark! If you are the successful candidate you will be working in a team of four as you would be working closely with our staff team to achieve both your personal goals and the organizational goals. We want you to succeed just as much as we want to benefit from your work at the London Environmental Network.
Preference will be given to candidates that have the following experience:
- Ideally in a program related to environment, event planning, non-for profit or community development
- Demonstrated use of Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for non-personal use
- Ability to write clear and engaging content
- Ability to conduct research, environmental scans, literature reviews etc.
- Some experience with program implementation, evaluation or development
- Reporting skills (budgets, tracking, evaluation etc.)
The Environmental Outreach Specialist will be working on supporting the team directly on their various initiatives.
Responsibilities of the Environmental Outreach Specialist will include:
- Support the engagement of the residential community in residential sustainability including communications, promotions and customer services for energy audit inquiries
Developing residential outreach campaigns
- social media posts and engagement
- hosting live booths at various events (covid regulations permitting)
- developing marketing materials (brochures, advertisements, blog posts, etc.)
- conducting virtual focus groups to determine homeowners needs and research best practises in the industry
- completing a report with the findings
- Supporting online webinars of Greener Homes London events by acting as the administrator of the webinar(s) (compiling attendee questions, troubleshooting technical issues etc.)
Greener Homes London Tour content development for fall 2021 - planning a 1 day event (virtual or in person if COVID allows) that showcases green homes in our community
- Seeking locations with renewable
- Booking speakers and locations,
- Making promotional videos,
- Planning a webinar
- Updating the LEN website, Greener Homes London sections when necessary
- Researching sponsorship opportunities for the residential program
- Maintaining a daily log of activities and achievements
- Performing other similar and related activities as required
- Creating an internal volunteer management document for the piloting of a program like Carbon Conversations
- Reporting project progress to the Supervisor in a timely manner
- Creating a transition manual to be delivered to the next Intern
Supervision and Mentoring Plan:
The Environmental Outreach Specialist will report directly to a Supervisor at the London Environmental Network. Orientation to the London Environmental Network and the position will be provided at the beginning of the position and will include an overview of the London Environmental Network organizational structure, mandate, policies, procedures and properties.
Project training and supervision will be provided by the Supervisor who will communicate the specific goals, tasks and expectations of individual projects. The Environmental Outreach Specialist will work with the Supervisor directly most days and be in contact on a regular basis when working independently. The Supervisor will virtually meet with the Environmental Outreach Specialist once per week to review progress on projects, update work plans accordingly, and discuss new ideas and challenges.
How to Apply:
Email [email protected] by May 15th 2021 with a cover letter and resume. Use “Environmental Outreach Specialist Job Application” as your subject line.
London Environmental Network is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all staff, volunteers, members, subcontractors, and vendors in all our activities and operations, regardless of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), dis/ability, marital status, or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from persons with disabilities and will provide accommodations during all stages of the hiring process, upon request.