|Interfaith Planting Event
Sunday October 27, 2019
|2:30 pm-5:30 pm||
Paul Haggis SWM
Let's plant trees!
Thank you to everyone who came out to a planting this spring! We had another stellar season with thousands of new trees planted all across the Forest City, and we look forward to getting started again this fall!
We are pleased to announce our fall planting events are underway! Please see below for our upcoming events.
Get to know your community, meet new people, enjoy the outdoors, and help make London healthier and greener by volunteering to plant trees.
What to Know About Volunteering to Plant Trees
No experience, training or volunteer registration is required to attend a tree planting event. We'll teach you how to plant a tree at the beginning of the event. Click here for more information about being a tree planter.
Volunteer Groups If you are coming with a group of 10 more or more, please let us know so we can acknowledge your group at the planting.
Here are some tips to help you have a great volunteer experience:
- Be prompt – we’ll teach you how to plant trees at the beginning of the event.
- Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals or flip-flops please.
- Wear clothing appropriate to the weather – we plant rain or shine! Don’t forget sunscreen.
- Bring water – we’ll have a jug to refill your reusable bottle.
- Bring a shovel if you have one, but we have many to lend you if you don’t.
- High school students can earn volunteer hours at our events. Don’t forget your forms!
- Consider walking, cycling, carpooling, or taking the bus to our events.
- Some of our locations are tricky to find – Please look at our maps and watch for posted white signs directing you to the planting locations.
- We do cancel plantings due to inclement weather – so please check our website or Facebook page on the day-of if you are unsure.
2875 Bateman Trl
London, ON N6L 0A6
Google map and directions