Volunteer Position Details:
We are seeking Green Economy London Advisory Committee volunteers to provide high-quality support to develop membership and program elements for the Green Economy London program. The Green Economy London program is hosted by the London Environmental Network, which supports over 45 environmental groups and nonprofits in London through capacity-building resources and amplifying their messaging through our communications platforms. Volunteer work will be primarily done remotely, but in-person meetings are available when allowed.
Green Economy London
Together, with our business and institutional members, their employees, and supporting partners, Green Economy London proves the business-case for sustainability by demonstrating how reducing emissions can improve the bottom line, mitigate business risks, help develop a credible brand, and improve the ability to attract and retain consumers, shareholders, and top tier employees.
The London Environmental Network (LEN) is a network of local environmentally focused non-profits and community groups. LEN works to strengthen these groups internally so they are better able to make positive change over the long term. The LEN also works to raise the profile of the environmental non-profit sector so we attract more volunteers and supporters in growing a healthy, sustainable city. Our vision is for London to be known as one of the greenest and most resilient cities in Canada.
Small but mighty is our trademark! If you are a match, you will be working closely with our staff and volunteer teams to achieve both your personal goals and the organizational goals. We want you to benefit from your time with us at LEN, as much as we want to benefit from your experience.
Preferable Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience in business sustainability, business networking, sponsorship and/or sales is desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Some experience with boards or committees of nonprofits an asset.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to meet deliverables.
- Reporting skills (tracking, evaluation etc.)
The Green Economy London Advisory Committee works to support the success of a business sustainability program for London. This program is an environmentally focused social enterprise that helps businesses reduce their energy, waste, water and environmental stewardship. It is a program created by a non-profit to offer highly customized sustainability target and tracking services to local businesses. The London Environmental Network is following Green Economy Canada’s model and is part of a larger network of Green Economy Hubs, supporting businesses and organizations in setting and achieving sustainability targets.
The Advisory Committee responsibilities include:
- Provide guidance and feedback to LEN regarding the successes and challenges of the program
- Assist with business meetings, membership development and fundraising
- Support the program at events and outreach opportunities
- Provide guidance for projects and new initiatives of the program
- Refer sponsors, new members and other new program elements to staff to support the growth of the program
- Provide technical support for program elements when possible (example: carbon accounting support)
How to Apply:
Email [email protected] with a cover letter and resume. Use “Green Economy London Advisory Committee Application” as your subject line. This will be forwarded to the Chair, who will follow up with your application.