In these interactive online workshops, we will explore key environmental and climate issues through the lenses of local, municipal, and regional speakers. Together we will learn about lifestyle and behavioural changes that improve the health of Londoners and the planet!
Tackling Food Waste | October 27th, 7-8:15pm | Click here to register
- Das Soligo, CMMIII Infrastructure Specialist, Manager of Solid Waste Services, Solid Waste Services (SWS) Division, County of Wellington
- Vivian De Giovanni, Circular Economy Specialist – Solid Waste, Solid Waste Resources | Infrastructure, Development and Enterprise, City of Guelph
- Anne Boyd, Manager Waste Diversion Programs at City of London
- Kara Rijnen, Co-Founder of Reimagine Co
Making Sustainable Transportation Choices | November 3rd, 7-8:15pm | Click here to register
- Shelagh Pizey-Allen, Executive Director of TTCriders
- Allison Miller, Transportation Demand Management Coordinator at City of London
- Laura Wall, cycling advocate
Urban Agriculture in Your Backyard and Community | November 10th, 7-8:15pm | Click here to register
- Natalie Boustead, CAMH Therapeutic Garden Coordinator and Community Gardens Lead, FoodShare
- Vanessa Kinsley, Neighbourhood Development & Support at City of London
- Jessica Cordes, Middlesex London Food Policy Council member
City Symposium on Responsible Consumption and Production | November 16th, 6:40-8:30pm | Click here to register
The toll that we humans are taking on the environment is the consequence of our production and consumption. So, inspired by Sustainable Development Goal #15, we ask four brilliant people, what would responsible consumption and production look like in London, Ontario? This Green in the City x City Symposium event will feature:
- Ron Benner, Artist
- Dr. Deishin Lee, Associate Professor of Operations Management and Sustainability, Ivey Business School
- Jay Stanford, Director of Environment, Fleet & Solid Waste, City of London
- Leslee White-Eye, Structural Readiness Coordinator at First Nations with Schools Collective and former Chief of the Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
COVID-19 and a Green Economic Recovery | November 24th, 7-8:30pm | Click here to register
- Gabriella Kalapos, Clean Air Partnership
- Priyanka Lloyd, Executive Director of Green Economy Canada
- Mike Fabro, Manager of Sustainability and Resiliency at City of London
- + more speakers to be announced!
*All workshops will take place through Zoom, with registration via Eventbrite.
Want to stay up to date with all upcoming events? Make sure you are subscribed to our e-newsletter - click here to subscribe!
"This is a wonderful opportunity to celebrate and support local initiatives already taking place in London," says Skylar Franke, Executive Director of the London Environmental Network. "There are over 43 environmental organizations in London with activities happening every week. This series of free presentations, discussion and workshops highlights the important issues being tackled in London and ideally inspire individuals to support - in some way - these critical efforts."