Volunteer Position Details:
We are seeking Fundraising Committee volunteers to provide high-quality support to develop fundraising efforts for the organization. The London Environmental Network supports over 45 environmental groups and nonprofits in London through capacity-building resources and amplifying their messaging through our communications platforms. Volunteer work will be primarily done remotely, but in-person meetings are available when allowed.
The London Environmental Network (LEN) is a network of local environmentally focused non-profits and community groups. LEN works to strengthen these groups internally so they are better able to make positive change over the long term. The LEN also works to raise the profile of the environmental non-profit sector so we attract more volunteers and supporters in growing a healthy, sustainable city. Our vision is for London to be known as one of the greenest and most resilient cities in Canada.
Small but mighty is our trademark! If you are a match, you will be working closely with our staff and volunteer teams to achieve both your personal goals and the organizational goals. We want you to benefit from your time with us at LEN, as much as we want to benefit from your experience.
Preferable Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience in fundraising, grant writing, donor development, sponsorship and/or sales is desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Some experience with boards or committees of nonprofits an asset.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to meet deliverables.
- Reporting skills (tracking, evaluation etc.)
The Fundraising Committee organizes and implements fundraising and development of sponsorship activities in support of the values and mission of London Environmental Network (LEN). This includes supporting member organizations in reaching their goals through fundraising and sponsorship.
- Plan, coordinate and implement fundraising events to support the organizational activities of LEN.
- Create an annual fundraising plan with targets that align to the budget.
- Keep the LEN Board informed as to achievement of fundraising targets.
- Develop lists of possible funders and sponsors.
- Conduct some donor stewardship (such as phone calls or letter writing)
- Solicit sponsorships from organizations that align with the values and mission of LEN.
- Review and maintain fundraising targets and plans outlining projects and fundraising needs for those projects.
- Identification of sponsorships that may adversely affect the reputation of LEN and whether they will benefit LEN.
- Ensure alignment to existing fundraising policies
- Provide fundraising support for member projects when possible.
How to Apply:
Email [email protected] with a cover letter and resume. Use “Fundraising Committee Application” as your subject line. This will be forwarded to the Chair, who will follow up with your application.