Job posting by Urban Roots London:
Are you looking to be part of a rapidly growing non-profit organization that supports our community?
We have just the opportunity for you to get your hands dirty!
Urban Roots London is a non-profit organization that revitalizes underused land in the City of London for agriculture by:
- Producing high-quality, organic vegetables and herbs
- Distributing produce locally, directly to consumers and to private and social enterprises
- Providing agricultural and educational opportunities for the neighbourhood, social enterprises, and community organizations within the City of London
- Growing a self-sustaining, urban agricultural model to germinate to new sites
Farm Business Operations:
- Facilitate on-farm markets twice weekly (Wednesday and Sunday), ensuring quality control of produce and compliance with government regulations regarding Health and Safety and labelling
- Set up and take down markets, ensuring signage is updated with pricing and produce availability
- Update Square point-of sale product lists and prices as needed
- Coordinate volunteers on market days, assigning duties, ensuring safety and quality of work
- Lead and support seasonal staff on market needs
- Tour and educate customers on the Urban Roots London model and why we do what we do
- Manage gift card, cash and POS purchases
- Assist in recording various data and metrics pertaining to farm operations
- Coordinate distribution and delivery of produce to community partners
- Promote produce availability and volunteer needs on social media
- Assist with managing communication platforms, including but not limited to social media, website and email
- Coordinate with partner organizations and create content to tell stories about the impact of our partnership
Must be eligible for EcoCanada funding:
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts or Math (STEAM), and Business,
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have Refugee Status,
- Students on a Work Permit or Visa are not eligible.
- Have a passion for urban agriculture with some horticultural and gardening knowledge
- All around people person who develops great working relationships and demonstrates strong customer service abilities
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written) who interacts positively with diverse audiences
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Strong organizational ability and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work within deadlines
- Proven experience in content creation and social media promotions via Instagram and Facebook
- Experience with WordPress and Microsoft Office, including Excel
- First Aid certification is an asset
- Wage: $16.20/hour http://www.ontariolivingwage.ca
- Hours per week: 25 - 28
- Duration: May 17 - Aug 31, with possibility of extension
- Schedule: Wed evening and Sunday morning required, with some flexibility for other hours
- Location: Farm Markets at 21 Norlan Ave (accessible by bike, bus, or auto) with adherence to all COVID-19 precautions, including social distancing, masks, sanitizing, disinfecting and cleaning procedures in place. All other work duties are remote.
- We welcome interested and qualified applicants to email their cover letter and resume as ONE MS Word or pdf document to [email protected] by 5:00 pm on May 7, 2021.
- Interviews will be virtual
Urban Roots London values its place in an interconnected world and desires to reflect this value, acknowledging our responsibility to strive towards a diverse and equitable employment environment that recognizes the inherent worth and dignity of every person. We welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Applications from all qualified individuals are invited. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected to proceed in the competition will be contacted. Should you require accommodation in making an application, please contact [email protected].