Volunteer Position Details:
We are seeking Events & Marketing Committee volunteers to provide high-quality support to develop communications plans, events and provide advisory support for our social media pages for the organization. The London Environmental Network supports over 45 environmental groups and nonprofits in London through capacity-building resources and amplifying their messaging through our communications platforms. Volunteer work will be primarily done remotely, but in-person meetings are available when allowed.
The London Environmental Network (LEN) is a network of local environmentally focused non-profits and community groups. LEN works to strengthen these groups internally so they are better able to make positive change over the long term. The LEN also works to raise the profile of the environmental non-profit sector so we attract more volunteers and supporters in growing a healthy, sustainable city. Our vision is for London to be known as one of the greenest and most resilient cities in Canada.
Small but mighty is our trademark! If you are a match, you will be working closely with our staff and volunteer teams to achieve both your personal goals and the organizational goals. We want you to benefit from your time with us at LEN, as much as we want to benefit from your experience.
Preferable Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience in marketing, event planning, communications and sales is desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Some experience with boards or committees of nonprofits an asset.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to meet deliverables.
- Reporting skills (tracking, evaluation etc.)
The Events and Marketing Committee organizes and promotes events that align with the values and mission of London Environmental Network (LEN), as well as supports communication from LEN to the community. Events are designed to support and increase the visibility of the environmental sector in London. We embrace and value the diversity of our community, and are committed to creating inclusive events that invite broad participation. The
committee also provides assistance and expertise in the development and implementation of effective Marketing and Communication plans in support of LEN’s goals and objectives.
Responsibilities of the Events & Marketing committee include:
- Coordinate educational events for members and others which support organizational capacity in the environmental sector.
- Create networking opportunities that connect Londoners with a common interest in environmental issues.
- Collaborate with members to increase awareness of local environmental organizations through events that highlight ways for Londoners to engage.
- Support fundraising for LEN by incorporating fundraising activities into as many events as possible. Review and provide input into LEN’s policies on marketing, communications and other promotional programs.
- Provide input on communication issues that may arise.
- Provide input on communication campaigns, social media reports and advertising.
- Support an annual review of our social media pages (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook), website and newsletter
- Support Google Ads for Nonprofits campaigns
- Support online and in persons events with setup, takedown and logistics
How to Apply:
Email [email protected] with a cover letter and resume. Use “Events & Marketing Committee Application” as your subject line. This will be forwarded to the Chair, who will follow up with your application.