The Event Support Volunteer will assist with event planning, coordination, execution, and debrief to ensure our events run efficiently and effectively. This includes both in-person events and virtual events that the London Environmental Network hosts. Continue reading for more details and how to apply for this volunteer opportunity!
Type: Volunteer (unpaid)
Time Commitment: Estimated 3-4 hours per week, plus special events as required. Minimum volunteer commitment for 8 months.
Volunteer Position Details:
The Event Support Volunteer will assist with event planning, coordination, execution, and debrief to ensure our events run efficiently and effectively. This includes both in-person events and virtual events that the London Environmental Network hosts.
The London Environmental Network (LEN) is a network of local environmentally focused non-profits and community groups. LEN works to strengthen these groups internally so they are better able to make positive change over the long term. The LEN also works to raise the profile of the environmental non-profit sector so we attract more volunteers and supporters in growing a healthy, sustainable city.
Small but mighty is our trademark! If you are the successful candidate you will be working closely with our staff team to achieve both your personal goals and the organizational goals. We want you to succeed just as much as we want to benefit from your time with us at LEN.
Preferable Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience in event planning is desirable.
- Familiarity with online events hosting programs (Zoom, GoToWebinar, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to meet deliverables.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Reporting skills (tracking, evaluation etc.)
The Event Support Volunteer will be assisting with organizing and hosting environmental events for our key audiences (businesses, non-profits, and residents) to increase engagement in the environmental sector.
Responsibilities of the Event Support Volunteer will include:
- Coordinating key planning components of events such as confirming event location, date, time, speakers, and co-hosts.
- Event execution, including event set up, greeting, and running the actual event according to the schedule.
- Ensuring our events are informative, fun, inclusive, and a safe environment for all those who attend!
- Troubleshooting issues such as ticket errors, technical issues, etc. if they arise
- Supporting with online events in areas such as moderation, timekeeping, monitoring chat box, solving technical issues, etc.
Supervision and Mentoring Plan:
The Event Support Volunteer will report to a Supervisor at London Environmental Network.
A volunteer orientation to the London Environmental Network and the position will be provided at the beginning of the position. This will include an overview of the London Environmental Network organizational structure, mandate, policies, procedures and properties.
Volunteer training and supervision will be provided by the Supervisor who will communicate the specific goals, tasks and expectations of individual projects. The Event Support Volunteer will be in contact with the Supervisor on a weekly basis when working independently.
The Supervisor will meet with the Event Support Volunteer once per week to review progress on projects and discuss new ideas and challenges.
London Environmental Network is an equal opportunity organization. We want to be an organization where a diverse mix of talented people do their best work because of, not in spite of, our differences. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all staff, volunteers, members, subcontractors, and vendors in all our activities and operations, regardless of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), dis/ability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
How to Apply:
Email email@example.com by September 18th 2020 at 5pm with a cover letter and resume. Use “Event Support Volunteer Application” as your subject line.