These lists include local contractors, businesses, and services that serve London and surrounding areas. We provide them as a starting point for planning projects that make your home and life more sustainable. We recommend that you get quotes from at least three contractors and that you get a written contract to ensure price and quality.
*Listing a service provider or product supplier does not constitute a recommendation by London Environmental Network or Greener Homes London.
The contractors listed signed an agreement that they:
- Are committed to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions through improving home energy efficiency;
- Hold all relevant licenses to perform the work they offer;
- Hold liability insurance for at least $2 million;
- Comply with all applicable laws, standards, and manufacturers instructions;
- Will responsibly remove waste generated from the work from the property;
- Will talk to you and your Registered Energy Advisor (REA) if there are differing opinions regarding the recommendations from your EnerGuide evaluation.
If you would like to be added to the contractors list, please email [email protected]
We recommend that you take steps to independently assess the contractor you are hiring. Here are some resources to help you do that:
- The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation has useful advice for hiring a contractor.
- The Better Business Bureau has a database of businesses.
- Verify credentials by searching trade and professional associations member lists:
- Ontario Association of Landscape Architects
- Landscape Ontario
- RenoMark (for home renovations professionals)
- Professional Engineers Ontario
- Ministry of Environment licensed well contractors
- Ontario Groundwater Association
- International Society of Arboriculture (for arborists)