Job Posting by Climate Action London:
Climate Action London is looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing individual to create a cooking class for residents of Indwell, a Christian not-for-profit charity that creates affordable housing communities and supportive programs to people seeking health, wellness, and belonging. The goal of this project is to increase food security and healthy living for people with limited cooking experiences and financial means. This is an eco-justice and social justice initiative.
Hours of Work: Full time, 35 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet program needs, including evening and weekend hours. This position is a temporary contract, ending after 8 weeks.
Duties for this position include (but may not be limited to):
- Create a 6 week plant based cooking class
- Utilize ingredients that can be grown by participants or purchased nearby
- Shop locally for ingredients
- Teach participants to cook dishes
- Collaborate with team members to post on Youtube, consulting with residents to select menu
- Provide ingredient list and sources to participants
- Create food “box” so participants can re-create dish at home
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideal candidate will be passionate about plant based foods
- Candidate will also be passionate about climate action & justice
- Ability to be flexible , organized, responsible and to take initiative
- Candidate must qualify for age requirements set by Canada Summer Jobs (18-30 years old)
- Candidate must have current vulnerable sector police check (can obtain if successful applicant)
- Proof of full covid-19 vaccination required
How to Apply
Please apply with a cover letter and resume and send it to [email protected]. We thank all applicants, however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted. This position will remain open until filled with the ideal candidate.