Job Posting by Carolinian Canada:
Join an energetic team growing a green future with a network of leaders in the Carolinian Zone of southern Ontario.
You will work as part of a team to collaborate for healthy ecosystems by aiming to:
- Support Indigenous leadership for healthy landscapes
- Strengthen collaboration to reconcile peoples and ecosystems
Carolinian Canada brings together conservation, culture and a green economy to grow healthy landscapes with native plants for thriving resilient communities in the spirit and practice of reconciliation. Our cross‐sector platforms connect 300 groups, 5,000 volunteers and 37,000 hectares to save local wildlife, water and our way of life; and support 14 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
With current habitat levels at 15% across the Zone, it's time to scale up our planting efforts to meet the 30‐50% native plants needed for healthy landscapes. This means growing the right native plants at home, from urban to rural, in gardens, parks, hedgerows, trails, roadsides, high‐quality cultural habitat, green infrastructure and more.
You will work with multi‐disciplinary teams of staff and partners to expand the network of leaders growing healthy landscapes with native plants. Your work will support our three strategic directions, strengthen connections for our programs and lay the groundwork for future directions.
Enable leaders for thriving green communities
- Create safe spaces for Indigenous and non‐indigenous perspectives to meet and discuss the issues that matter to everyone
- Assist in outreach, events and communications
Grow connections to scale up healthy habitat action
- Connect with First Nations and diverse communities to build collaboration for shared goals
- Advance projects to build reciprocity and momentum for healthy landscapes
Track impact for a healthy zone, together
- Assist in developing evaluation frameworks for healthy landscapes including ecology, economy and culture
- Engage with partners to celebrate, measure and share our collective progress for healthy landscapes
This is a 12 month contract with flexible hours and potential for extension.